Golden Caramel Biscuits
A simple and yummy biscuit recipe that is ready in 20 minutes.
- 1/2 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup rapadura/coconut/brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey/golden syrup
- 1 1/2 cups spelt/plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
Preheat oven to 180C and line baking tray/s.
Mix butter and sugar together in a large bowl. With a metal spoon, combine them well by pushing the mix together with the back of the spoon.
Add honey or golden syrup and combine well.
Sift in flour and baking powder. Push mix together with the back of the spoon again until it comes together to form a soft dough.
Take teaspoons of mixture and form into balls. Place on trays, allowing room for spreading, and push down lightly with a fork. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly on trays and then transfer to racks for cooling.
- There are a few different options listed in the recipe for the sugar and flour. My preference is rapadura or coconut sugar combined with spelt flour.
- Self raising flour can be substituted - just omit the baking powder.